The Council will:
• Take a leadership role in EEO, civil rights, affirmative action, and diversity issues affecting the Federal Government.
• Explain issues of concerns to the EEO community in the federal sector, and serve as a catalyst for change to make existing processes better.
• Network and share information and resources to reduce the isolation of EEO professionals with each other and within their own agencies.
• Provide input to Congress, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Office of Personnel Management, the National Performance Review, and other federal agencies and organizations on issues affecting EEO and other civil rights issues in the federal sector.
• Engage other civil rights organizations to find common ground on issues of importance to the EEO and civil rights communities in the federal sector.